In Luke 6 verses 43-45, Jesus tells us the truth about the fruit in our lives.
“No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thorn bushes, or grapes from briers. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.”
“Each tree is recognized by its own fruit.” You can’t hide the real fruit in your life. Other people notice what kind of fruit you bear, especially your spouse.
“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.” What does your heart look like?
Proverbs 4:23 (NKJ version) says, “Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.” The NIV version says, “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”
It is simple for us as Christians to see the evil that others can store in their hearts. There are some hidden evils we can hold on to that, according to Proverbs 4:23, will interfere with our issues of life, especially marriage.
Below are the Five Ways to Know If Your Spiritual Heart Needs Healing, an article by Guy Finley from the following website: http://www.awomansjourney.com/article.html
Does your heart need spiritual healing? Ask yourself if any of the following is true for you:
1. We spend most of our time thinking only about ourselves.
2. Our thoughts dwell on dark and gloomy imaginings, or we experience varying states of despair, defeat, or anxious doubt.
3. We’re likely to agree with, or give ourselves over to fiery feelings. We consent to states of conflict, becoming identified with angry or resentful vibrations as they make their way through us.
4. We never see the choice to put the interests of someone else before we consider those of our own.
5. Our principal sense of contentment and well-being is derived only from pleasures that we give to ourselves.
What do you have stored up in your heart?